I’ve been doing nothing except doodling the last few days. I do a few leaves, I learn a couple of new stitches and I play with these basic blackwork shapes.
Here is the progress on blackwork doodle to date. Perhaps it is because I’m so feed up with wordpress or my browsers problems with wordpress that I’m only uploading one picture. However, wordpress has made one giant step in the right direction for me. I have spell check back.
In light of some of my recent posts, I found two things of interest in my rounds about blogline in the last day or two. First, Mary Corbet at Needle ‘n Thread has done a great video tutorial on the raised chain band that I was working with earlier in the year. And then I found Gina at Fan my Flame has stitched laurel leaves together with thorns to create a cloth. In the same post there is another cloth made of washers and copper wire.