This is my subtraction process — a continuation of thoughts from of yesterday’s post. Completely unnecessary since I could have merely reversed yesterdays addition process. But I had a goal in mind.
Exactly the same number of stitches as what I started out with yesterday.
No, that wasn’t the goal I had in mind.
The goal I was aiming at was the removal of stitches with re-spacing of the remaining stitches within the outline. In yesterday’s post, I added stitches but for the most part the previous stitches were left in place.
There is much more I probably should say about blackwork along with some disclaimers about what I’m doing here. There are many introductions to blackwork on the web. If you are interested I hope you check some of them out.
Elizabethan Blackwork with free stitch diagrams.
Rissa points out some great links at the end of her article on the subject.
I enjoy strolling through Leon Conrad ‘s designs.