Circles and a bit more

I tried several more circular shapes with the thorn stitch. I definitely had to use templates for two of them. And I wish I’d used a compass for dividing the circumferences more evenly. But perhaps it gives a rather organic look.

tstc47gspiralflower.png I used a contrasting thread here so the stitches could be seen in the sample, but it would be ideal to do the tie downs with a matching thread to make them almost invisible in normal work.



I also tried to perfect one of my ric-rac experiments.


This is an “off grid” grid where I tried lacing the thorns.

When I found my green beads I started in again on this sample from earlier in the week. It still needs a bit of tweaking before I’m going to feel satisfied but it on its way.


Below are the results of taking a grid, putting it on an “off grid” ground and then threaded between the thorns.



One Response to Circles and a bit more

  1. Paula says:

    I love what you are doing with this stitch – Ill have to trawl though your archives to look at your other work.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: