I took sample stitching “off grid” in the work for today’s post and put everything on a winter white felt. I had some time to relax and enjoy my stitching today. I keep seeing more and more things I’d like to try, especially with beading this stitch.
The only work I did with beads in this group of samples is in this first photo. I expect to add to this line since it has fueled my imagination.
These are the more standard experiments.
I wanted to try threading ribbon through the backstitching. I need more practice to control it but overall I was fairly encouraged about how ribbons would perform. It seems like this is just crying out that I should do something more to the line. Perhaps if I stare at it a little longer as I stitch away on my other samples something will come to mind.
The last two samples are my more experimental work. There are a few weaknesses in them, but it’s given me a better idea of problems that I’ll encounter with the Pekinese and thoughts on how to overcome them.