I did some “off grid” samples with curves that are showing up in today’s posting. I had to draw in the curves to even begin to get the placement right. I need more practice in judging the midway point. Of course, I could haul out my protractor or compass and mark it out.
Here is another attempt at curves using three lines and some interlacing between them. I used two threads together as I stitched the final line over everything. The gentler angles seem to work better with this stitch but I’ve some ideas ahead that I have yet to test.
Here is one idea that I did put to the test. In this sample the knot is longer than the diagonal chain stitches. I actually hated the results and tried to rescue the homely thing by adding the almost half eyelets. I see some good possibilities for more experiments with that idea.
A further embellishment to a sample from yesterday’s post is below. I experimented with another way to wrap threads.