I’ve had my fun stitching these drizzle stitches. But when it comes to photographing them, they are frequently out of focus. I’m going to have to try a few more settings on my camera.
I tried pulling the drizzle stitches down and securing the top of them with the next stitch. Here are two ideas. Unfortunately, I could not get a profile shot. In some areas there is little depth, in others more. It is very easy to adjust and I love the feel of the heavy texture.
These ideas need to be developed a little more so they may be back in the next post.
I’m learning a little more about how to bead this stitch and here I used a Perle 8. I was amazed at the strength it had. It held up if I put one bead at the tip or if I placed one on the needle after every two, three or four loops of the drizzle stitch. Again, I was not able to get a good profile photograph but it stands up very well.
These are the tassels that I was thinking about making. They could easily be made thicker by casting on more threads together or by couching more threads in the drizzle stitch. And here I had the opposite trouble a good profile and no good top down photograph.
I just noticed that on the lower right, there is the edge of the top photograph’s profile.
This was in yesterday’s post.
Today I was able to get a top down photograph of it.
This was in yesterday’s post, too.
I show it again because I learned that by pushing everything to the center I could overcome the places where my handling in stitching had smashed the drizzle stitching down. This was with a pima cotton thread I’m not sure if all threads would respond so well.