I’m late, but fine. This is the way I saved the opening of my Tuesday morning post on Monday afternoon (usa, west coast)…
Here we are at the last week before reaching the two-thirds mark in the TSTC year. Sharon b has assigned the the Shisha stitch for this week. I thought I’d combine it with a review of the stitches learned since the midpoint review I did in June. It looks like a fun stitch to learn more about. My local craft store had mirrors in squares and circles. They had some triangular things, too. But I changed my mind about purchasing them until I’m certain I get along OK with the circles and squares. Sharon wrote an easy to follow step-by-step with photos in her introduction to the stitch.
Today, I’m reviewing the long and short stitches (week 25), the bullion knots (week 27). I’m planning to come back and pick up the half chevron (week 26) and the sheaf stitch (week 28) in Wednesday’s stitching.
Thursday, the arrowhead stitch from week 29
Friday, the buttonhole wheels (week30) and cast on stitch (week 31)
Saturday, the crested chain stitch (week 32)
Monday, the scroll stitch (week 33)
Well, that a plan, let me see what happens.
… I wasn’t sure if I’d post the whole plan but I needed to at least lay it out for myself. I printed it out to put with my stitching. About 7 pm I went back to stitching and I decided to transfer those mirrors into a resealable plastic bag. I noticed there was a little gritty feeling on my fingers but never gave it a thought. A warning missed because in just a little while some of that grit got in my eyes. Thankfully in God’s mercies, the worst was not stitching the rest of Monday evening and having to do very short stitching times yesterday.
Except for finishing one bullion stitch project that was nearly finished when this happened, I’ve had to focus on the shisha stitch itself. Not a bad stitch to experiment with, but I definitely have not felt like picking up one of those mirrors again. I’ve almost convinced myself that I should try to substitute buttons.
You can see this is just a first effort. I might have added more bullion stitches as petals, if I’d not had that accident. I’d planned a daisy like look with the long and short stitch.
Instead, here are the bits of experiments I did try afterwards.
Perle 8, everything else is Perle 5 except for the pima cotton rust in the last photo which is probably a little under a 5 Perle cotton.
The straight rows of shisha stitch are anchored by initial and ending backstitch rows.