I got totally sidetracked while making the background for some cast on stitches. This is what did it.
The stitches in this delicate lacy plant for my background are what totally captivated me. I started doing a fly stitch and then thought about tying it for a little spread at the top and a bulb-like look at the bottom. I tried some more little plants on the felt with tiny beads in the blub part but got so hasty in my photographing I forgot to snap their picture. The beads seem to go well with this stitch.
I tried it “on grid”.
Then I had to experiment with off grid lines and trials with threads. And there went my stitching time–all used up on an off topic stitch.
100/3 compared with pima cotton
Whether this stitch is in use and has a name, I’ve not had time to explore. I almost think it’s something I’ve worked with before, but I’m not certain.