Progress on the long and short stitch

I still am working only vertically and horizontally with the long and short stitch. But this afternoon I plan to try the radial long and short stitch. That is why I  decided to post earlier and post the experiments tomorrow.

Here is what has happened with the sampler.

tstc25ccomposite.png

The dark pink flower is finished. It does have a medium pink center. I added a few leaves and a bell flower. I might switch that out and try to do a radial stitch on that flower. I finished off the purple square in the lower right–not good. I should have basted a diagonal line before I filled up that area with the flower and leaves.

What is ahead? I think the blue flower needs beads or something exciting in the center to help break up the diagonals. Maybe a touch of yellow since I need to start pulling some yellow down into the lower area.  The upper right is looking very bare. It’s a good thing this is just an experiment on a scrap of fabric!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: