I’m still just learning to work with the wheatear stitch. I used some more two color ideas last night. I need to venture out into some off grid work and make myself deal with curves and circles today. On another note the spell checker wasn’t working this morning, please excuse any mistakes. I’m a terrible speller left on my own.
A few of my experiments posted today grew out of reading Sharon b’s introduction and seeing her third photo. In one of these I took a square and set a second square on top of it like a diamond. I interwove the second square into the first as I stitched it. This resulted in a nice ridged area for embellishing the center. I could imagine beads, French knots, satin stitches or woven straight stitches in the center. It would be easy to fill in more petals around the outside with detached chain stitches, too.
The rest of the samples are just playing around with a few elements.
Here I put the loop on every “V”, alternating the direction back and forth. Some of the samples posted yesterday used that same idea. However, this was actually the first attempt with the idea. It didn’t get posted it yesterday because the photo was so bad; this retake is still not the best.
I also did some one colors trials. Using one color still appeals to me. Two colors can at times be distracting. Now that I see their basic structure, it would be fun to use two colors on some of them. This first one I would like to try couching with. The chains could take a small thread and the straight stitches a ribbon or fatter thread. Interlacing seems like it would be worth a try, too.