Borders and plans

I decided to remove some of the horizontal yellow wool border from the napkin I was working on. And in that area put in some pulled thread work. I’m still not sure about the vertical border. I may overstitch the yellow threads and use them as padding for new satin stitches. I think that could be effective and give me various heights for that border.

Somehow I never manage to catch up with all the experiments I want to try. Here are a few of the things I did get done. This napkin is a mess but I’m having fun adding just a little of this and a little of that. Any little idea that pops into my mind–I try it.

tstc22bi.png

The pulled work reveals the interesting little pattern the fabric has.

tstc22b1.png tstc22b2.png

I do have some more work done on the napkin but it will have to be posted later. In the meantime, here is what I tried last night on an cotton evenweave.

tstc22bcounted.png

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: