Generally, I’m pretty happy with my experiments even finding out something does not work well is good to know. But it does mean I don’t have much to post. So here are a few things that are passable on a stitch series that I started to work with a few days ago.
I tried condensing it to over ones.
I tried separating it and angling it.
I tried using the largest stitch in the series all by itself in a line. And then broke the rule about always crossing stitches the same way.
Next embellishment for same direction crosses.
(I still have a long ways to go in learning how to attach beads. I put one thread through all three. If anyone has suggestions for making them lie flatter, please leave a comment and let me know. Thanks!)
Then I varied the stitch a little more over three on the higher leg of the cross, over two on the lower. And you will notice alternately crossed does produce a different pattern.
Made a fill and added in a purple fly stitch and straight stitch. Honestly, I don’t know where the red came from. Perhaps, I should have tried red eye removal feature in editor!
Update: Marty left me great directions on how to attach beads. I tried it when I got home from work. The beads are now laying down nicely. Many thanks, Marty!