Here I did a buttonhole wheel and then filled it in with some rayon thread, courtesy of Shay. Thanks, Shay! The leaves are buttonholes, too. And then to pull them out a bit I added a tie down stitch. Oh, yes, and a straight stitch down the middle of the larger two leaves.
In the second picture, I was playing around varying the length of the buttonhole stitches. Then it popped in to my mind to try gathering them. The blue work is something with a little knot in it. I’m not sure if this is a correct stitch or not. I abandoned it because my tension was not good. But I’m happy to have a few minutes to try something new.